New Delhi, Sep 23: Heavy rains lashed the nationwide capital on Friday morning, persevering with a streak of heavy downpours that have not stopped since Wednesday. Several areas had been inundated, and water-logging on roads and site visitors congestion due to the incessant spell of sunshine to average rain for the second consecutive day.
Major site visitors congestion was reported from Narsinghpur Chowk in direction of Rajiv Chowk on the Expressway throughout late night time hours. Vehicles had been in queue for a number of kilometres due to waterlogging at completely different factors on the Expressway. There was bumper-to-bumper site visitors due to waterlogging which led to site visitors snarls on the Expressway and connecting roads.
With India Meteorological Department (IMD) issuing a ‘orange alert’, cautioning individuals about average rain at most locations within the metropolis on Friday, here’s a checklist of do’s and don’ts to stay safe throughout heavy rains.
Severe water-logging, colleges shut in Noida, Gurugram; IMD points orange alert | Top factors
Stay up to date in regards to the adjustments that might happen to the roads because of the altering climate circumstances.
- Move to greater grounds and safer locations in the event you want to evacuate
- Check repeatedly water and drainage channels and conduct the mandatory upkeep.
- Wear appropriate footwear in case you can’t keep away from moving into the flood water
- Fix objects that may very well be blown by extreme wind akin to boards, TV networks and others.
- Keep distance from electrical poles and uprooted energy traces to keep away from electrocution
- Keep your cellphones charged in case of an emergency.
- Keep a retailer of additional meals, medicines and different necessities.
- Eat dry and freshly cooked meals to stay wholesome. Keep meals gadgets lined
- Keep the emergency and first assist baggage prepared.
- Follow climate forecasts on native media and social networking web sites.
- Do not go away residence until completely vital.
- If you might be exterior the home, strive to discover a safe place and keep away from standing underneath tall timber and electrical energy poles.
- While going out within the open, maintain valuables in a water-proof bag.
Story first revealed: Friday, September 23, 2022, 8:44 [IST]