- Advertisement -
Saturday, August 8, 2020
29 C
Delhi
Home Latest News Brazil’s first lady Michelle Bolsonaro and cabinet minister Marcos Pontes test positive...

Brazil’s first lady Michelle Bolsonaro and cabinet minister Marcos Pontes test positive for COVID-19

Brazil’s first lady and a fifth member of President Jair Bolsonaro’s Cabinet have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, confirmed officials said Thursday.

Image Courtesy Zee News

Brazil’s first lady and a fifth member of President Jair Bolsonaro’s Cabinet Minister Marcos Pontes have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, confirmed officials on Thursday (July 30).

Science and Technology Minister Marcos Pontes wrote on Twitter that he tested positive after experiencing flu-like symptoms and headache. The 57-year-old is now in isolation. He wrote, “I am fine, just a few symptoms of a cold and headache. Now in isolation. Everything is going to be fine.” Pontes also said that he would participate in trials of the antiparasitic, anti-viral drug nitazoxanide, which has been approved in Brazil for treating mild cases of COVID-19.

The presidency’s press office said in a statement later that Michelle Bolsonaro also tested positive. Michelle Bolsonaro is 38-years old.

The statement said she appeared to be in good health, but would follow established protocols.

President Bolsonaro tested positive earlier, as did some members of his cabinet. He told reporters on July 7 he had been diagnosed with the coronavirus and was then he was quarantined to the presidential palace in capital Brasilia for more than two weeks. He later tested negative on Saturday.

He participated in his first public event on Wednesday, to recognize rural women workers, along with his wife. They were joined by Agriculture Minister Tereza Cristina and the minister of women, family and human rights, Damares Alves.

Last week, Citizenship Minister Onyx Lorenzoni and Education Minister Milton Ribeiro announced they had tested positive. In March, two other Cabinet members were infected

News Credit Zee News

- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our newsletter

To be updated with all the latest news,

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

8,000FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

NEW EDUCATION POLICY FOUNDATION OF 21ST CENTURY ‘NEW INDIA’: PM NARENDRA MODI

The new National Education Policy (NEP) is the foundation of a `new India`, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday, adding that...
- Advertisement -

MAJOR LANDSLIDE IN KERALA’S IDUKKI DISTRICT; 5 DEAD, 80 TEA ESTATE WORKERS FEARED TRAPPED

As per reports, the landslide took place at Rajamala near Munnar, a popular tourist spot in the Idukki district. 

US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP BANS TRANSACTIONS WITH TIKTOK, WECHAT; HIGHLIGHTS INDIA’S ACTION ON CHINESE APPS

The US President has issued executive order banning TikTok from operating in 45 days if it’s not sold by the Chinese parent...

PM NARENDRA MODI EXPRESSES GRIEF AT LOSS OF LIVES DUE TO LANDSLIDE IN KERALA’S IDUKKI DISTRICT

Taking to micro-blogging site Twitter, he said that the NDRF and the administration are working on the ground to provide assistance to...

Related News

NEW EDUCATION POLICY FOUNDATION OF 21ST CENTURY ‘NEW INDIA’: PM NARENDRA MODI

The new National Education Policy (NEP) is the foundation of a `new India`, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday, adding that...

MAJOR LANDSLIDE IN KERALA’S IDUKKI DISTRICT; 5 DEAD, 80 TEA ESTATE WORKERS FEARED TRAPPED

As per reports, the landslide took place at Rajamala near Munnar, a popular tourist spot in the Idukki district. 

US PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP BANS TRANSACTIONS WITH TIKTOK, WECHAT; HIGHLIGHTS INDIA’S ACTION ON CHINESE APPS

The US President has issued executive order banning TikTok from operating in 45 days if it’s not sold by the Chinese parent...

PM NARENDRA MODI EXPRESSES GRIEF AT LOSS OF LIVES DUE TO LANDSLIDE IN KERALA’S IDUKKI DISTRICT

Taking to micro-blogging site Twitter, he said that the NDRF and the administration are working on the ground to provide assistance to...

BEIRUT REELS FROM HUGE BLAST AS DEATH TOLL CLIMBS TO AT LEAST 135

More than 5,000 other people were injured in Tuesday`s explosion at Beirut port, Health Minister Hamad Hassan said.
- Advertisement -